Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Crawl Day 2

My area is a lot more 'vanilla'- meaning plain and boring than I expected. The closest Sally Beauty Supply near me have been out of the salon effects for quite some time and I finally asked if they would ever get any more shipments of the effects in and the store manager said probably not. Boo. They must not be too popular, however she said to check back closer to Halloween. Sooooo since I didn't want to find out how talented I am not by painting on my own zebra stripes (so much for DIY nails), I just decided to rock the crackled look. I tried it and I didn't like it. Hmmm, maybe I should try Ulta for the zebra print. Now, why didn't I think of that when I was there last week?

Today's FALL CRAWL stop today is with Kellie at www.happybabychronicles.com and its a yummy southern Virginian meatloaf recipe. Perfect for the Fall weather. I haven't made a meatloaf in forever so I am gonna be saving this recipe to try it out.
When you stop by, tell who sent ya and jot down the recipe!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you didnt like the crackle nail polish? I was thinking about trying it, but dont wanna bother if it doesnt look all that great in person.

    Bummer about Sally's not restocking what you need. Hope you can maybe find it online or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've never tried the crackle, but it just looks like chipped finger nail paint, which is a no-no for me. I'm sure Ulta will have a variety of nail polishes. And don't I know about vanilla! The Sally's where I live, doesn't carry the Tangle Teezer and they just started getting the Denman brush. When I asked the girl about the TT, she looked at me like I was half retarded.

    tiannamae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally's never has anything. Don't even carry a lot of the major brands. Do you have a Harmon's by you? They carry much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have seen the cracked look and it's great! i wonder if CVS would have it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I liked nail polish so much more. I'm so low maintenance with my nails

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Yakini- I didn't like it on MY nails but I like the idea of it. I'm thinking I may not have laid my strokes on correctly but I haven't decided if I want to try it again or not.

    @TiAnna - Okay, then I feel better. I was starting to wonder about this area. :-)

    @Michelle - No Harmon's

    @Mrs. Pancakes - I thought I would like it, but I probably did too many overlapping layers.

    @Dirt On The Rocks - Sometimes I'm low maintenance and spice it up when I feel boring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing my blog link with your readers! Looking forward to see your fall crawl post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by my little corner of blog land! I love comments and conversation so you're welcome to share your thoughts! It'll make my day!