Friday, June 17, 2011

Grilled Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce

 
Grilled Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce



Last night, we had grilled chicken over angel hair pasta, with a side of broccoli and a dinner roll. Yum! This meal is pretty quick to prepare which is always good if you are a multi-tasker and always busy or if you have little ones to keep occupied. I didn't cook all of this at one time. I waited an hour between cooking the sauce and chicken because I was doing other stuff and the hubby was working a little later than usual so I didn't need to rush.

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
-In a small saucepan pot on medium-high heat, pour in 1.5 pints of heavy whipping cream
-Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted
-Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
-Add 2/3 teaspoon of natural sea salt
-Add 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
-Add 1/2 teaspoon of parsley flakes
-Add 2 shakes of sage
-Let come to a boil, while stirring occasionally
-After it has started boiling, add in 2 oz. of plain cream cheese, you may want to add it in small chunks
(The ounces are measured on the side of the cream cheese wrapper)
-Continue to stir until the cream cheese has melted. Smudge some of the cream cheese along the edges of the pot to help it melt.
-Touch your finger on the spoon to taste. If it seems a tiny bit bland, that okay because it will mix with the chicken, which already has salt on it. But if its too bland for you, add a couple more shakes of salt.

While your sauce is cooking, cook your chicken breasts.
-Pan fry two ginormous chicken breasts coated in your favorite seasonings. I always use Cajun Seasoning and pepper and cook in a skillet with 2 capfuls of olive oil, but any oil works of course.
-Slice your chicken breasts in 1/4" thick slices. You can either wait until it cools or just hold it steady with a long fork like I do.
-Add your chicken breasts to a shallow baking dish, with a small portion of its grease.
-Pour your cream sauce mixture into your baking dish on top of the chicken. Most of the chicken slices will be covered with sauce.
-Add parmesan shredded cheese on top if you like. I didn't this time because it was in the freezer and I didn't forgot to take it out, but I usually do.
-Cover the dish with a piece of foil and cook for 30 mins.
-Let cool and serve over your choice of pasta. I used angel hair pasta, because once its added to boiling water, its done in like 7 minutes.



Bon Appetit! Try it and let me know how it tastes! :-)










My Plain Moisture-Drenched Side Ponytail....



I will NOT be rocking this this weekend, lol! My braidout fab will be returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by my little corner of blog land! I love comments and conversation so you're welcome to share your thoughts! It'll make my day!