Friday, October 7, 2011

The Most Amazing American Innovator Steve Jobs

Its weird to think that so many people, including myself, grieved a little for someone that we don't know, have never been close to meeting and rarely see [on tv]. But then again, not really......because we all have 'him' or his brain child at our sides at all times. Even if you don't have an iPhone, but a smart phone (and not a jitterbug type phone, ha ha), then you still have him/his brain child next to you. He. Set. The. Bar. All phones compete against or aspire to be like the iPhone. And we don't even need to talk about the iPads, iPods, and Macbooks. Even cracking the code on a NookColor is trying to use the device like an iPad. ;-) I don't really use tons of apple products but I think that might be changing in the near future.

That type of genius is so rare and just like some of the other things that we've experienced in the prime time of our lives, I'd say witnessing Steve Jobs and his accomplishments with technology is up there. What an innovator! Its amazing how his passing has also become inspirational....at least for me.
I've prayed for several years now, asking God to show me what I'm meant to do. I hated where I worked. It was such a negatively manipulated place, where their intimidation of me was directly related to how I was treated by them. I stayed because I knew one of the owners and listened to others opinions. If I would've listened to myself, I wouldn't have been there for 4 years. I think staying in that dreadful environment taught me not to shrink my personality nor dim my light because of another's intimidation of it -- in my case, it was the other boss's daughter, who was the only other black female engineer. She copied my style and my personable ways...so in some cases I was an innovator for her. :-)
The next place I work at, I will be myself and keep my big personality, along with my creativity.
I will never shrink down again. My light will shine at all times.



Oh and instead of raising the next great politician, president or athlete......I hope to raise the next Steve Jobs. But boy he left one tough act to follow!

Rest In Peace Steve Jobs

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
-Steve Jobs

We have the same birthday! Yes!!! I finally have a cool celeb that shares my bday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the new layout..i might be late for the party! I know I was little sad when I heard about his passing. And his speech below is classic and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to read something positive after reading and hearing so many cynical and negative comments regarding his death. I too was a little sad at his passing.....but thats cause I'm human and death should sadden anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true, although we never knew him we were all so affected by his mind and innovations, he was an awesome dude. His stanford speech is outstanding. ever seen it? love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he truly was a genius. a mastermind. he truly has made his mark in this world and no one can take that from him. may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by my little corner of blog land! I love comments and conversation so you're welcome to share your thoughts! It'll make my day!