Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Current Hair 'Do' - Protective Style


Soooooooooo.....I think I'm completely over protective style weaves. No more braids and no more sew-ins.

As much as I love not having to 'fool' with my hair as well as having a different  and 'saucy' look, I just would much rather have good and easy access to my scalp. I want to be able scratch my scalp when it itces and wash it after buildup. Right now, my hands have to go through a maze for both of these efforts. Hehhhh. {tremendous sigh}

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the look. Matter of fact, I LOVE IT!!! This is the look I love because long length is my goal in growing my hair, not just accpeting and embracing my natural texture which actually was a goal.

Hmmm...this sounds like I will be doing another protective style weave in the future. Okay okay, I guess the saying "Never say never" was made up for a reason. But as of right now??? I won't hold my breath.
{scratches head}
But maybe I should hold on to this unused bag of weave/extensions that didn't get used, lol.

Oh and my biggest annoyance is having to straighten my bang area so often. I just hope that there's very little heat damage done since I haven't straightened since January. {fingers crossed} Then when I do straighten, the Texas huimidity blows the area to "frizzarines" and I'm walking around with 2 different textures. Now, I know its worse in my eyes than it may appear and really no one is looking that hard at my hair.....it just bothers me.


My original plan was to keep this in for 6-8 weeks, the maximum time suggested, but now I think I'll go with the minimum time suggested which is just 4 weeks.

Until then, I'll enjoy my 'saucy' look and pray for some miracle growth, ha ha!


6 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck with your hair journey :)

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks good! but yea, that is why i was never a fan of weaves ... i need to scratch my head sometimes, haha.

    i've been leaving my hair in twists lately and only having it out when i want to go someone or something. it is working out well for now ... but probably in the summer, i'll let it out more often. still want to do a wash and go ... haven't done that since my natural journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it! Sassy and sexy indeed! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually contemplate getting a weave from time to time! Luckily ATL's humidity is not quite as bad as Texas! Anyway, it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by my little corner of blog land! I love comments and conversation so you're welcome to share your thoughts! It'll make my day!